Geneva CSD Covid Protocols & Recommendations
Current Covid Transmission Rates
The district is following the CDC’s Operational Guidance for K-12 Schools and Early Care and Education Programs to Support Safe In-Person Learning , as recommended by the governor. In keeping with this guidance, the district is no longer testing students for Covid-19 or following the test-to-stay protocol; however, we do have at-home Covid tests available. To request one, simply reach out to your school health office.
If your child tests positive for Covid
Your child should isolate if they test positive for Covid-19, or if they are sick and you suspect they have Covid-19 but do not yet have test results. If they are positive for Covid-19, please notify your school nurse immediately. The current isolation requirement is five days; during days 6–10, they will be able to return to school, including afterschool activities and athletics, if they meet the following criteria:
- They have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication,
- They have not had gastrointestinal symptoms for 24 hours,
- Their other symptoms are resolving, and
- They wear a well-fitting mask.
If these criteria are not met, your child should isolate for a full 10 days.
Please be prepared to pick your child up from school if they develop Covid-19 symptoms during the school day.
Although masking is no longer required in school (with the exception of students on days 6–10 of Covid-19 infection), we welcome mask use, and a well-fitting mask is recommended in the following circumstances:
- For 10 days following Covid-19 exposure (testing is recommended at least five days after exposure);
- When community transmission is medium, and you are at high risk of becoming very ill;
- Whenever community transmission is high; and
- In an indoor public transportation setting.
Find out more about When to Wear a Mask.