4260 Evaluation of the Superintendent and Other Administrative Staff
SUBJECT: EVALUATION OF THE SUPERINTENDENT AND OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
The Board of Education shall conduct annually a formal performance evaluation of the Superintendent. The formal procedures used to complete the evaluation are to be filed in the District Office, and to be made available for review by any individual, no later than August first of each year.
The formal performance procedures shall include written criteria, a description of the review procedures, provisions for post-conferencing, and methods used to record results of the evaluation. The Superintendent shall be granted the opportunity to respond to the evaluation in writing.
Evaluation of Administrative Staff
The Board shall direct the Superintendent to conduct an annual evaluation of all administrative personnel.
The purposes of this evaluation are:
- To determine the adequacy of administrative staffing;
- To improve administrative effectiveness;
- To encourage and promote self-evaluation by administrative personnel;
- To provide a basis for evaluative judgments by the Superintendent and the Board;
- To make decisions about continued employment with the District.
8 New York Code of Rules and Regulations
(NYCRR) Section 100.2(o)