6230 Teaching Assistant
SUBJECT: TEACHING ASSISTANT
A teaching assistant must possess either a temporary license or a continuing certificate.
A teaching assistant must serve under the general supervision of a licensed or certified teacher and may perform the following functions:
- Work with individual students or groups of students on special instructional projects;
- Provide the teacher with general information about students to aid the teacher in the development of appropriate learning experience;
- Assist students in the use of instructional resources and assist in the development of instructional materials;
- Utilize his or her own special skills and abilities in such areas as foreign language, arts, crafts, music and similar subjects; and
- Assist in related instructional work as required.
8 New York Code of Rules and Regulations
(NYCRR) Section 80.33(b)(2-3)