GENEVA HEAD START
Policy Council Meeting
1. Welcome/establish quorum: 11–11:05 a.m.
- Gloria Allen (Chair) - present
- William Parmer (Vice-Chair) - absent (unexcused)
- LaSha Sullivan (Secretary) - absent (excused)
- Iranisha Vazquez - absent (excused)
- Casey Woody- present
- Marsha Foote - present
- Chris Finger - absent (unexcused)
- Emily Fisher - present
- Karissa Schutt- present
- Cristina Reale- present
- Jena Fuchs- present
- Additional presenter – Cecilia Rodriguez
2. Approval of minutes*: 11:05–11:10 a.m.: Gloria
Amendment to end time. ELECTRONICALLY APPROVED 1/9/19
3. Director’s Report: 11:10–11:35 a.m.: Karissa
- Self-assessment sign-ups
reviewed self-assessment and passed around sign-up sheet for members to sign-up for a self-assessment committee if they had not done so already.
- ACF-PI-HS-18-06 Funding increase
Karissa explained cost of living adjustment. Policy Council will decide how it is allocated.
- Education Policy and Procedures*
Karissa explained that our program is still in the process of updating policies and procedures to align with the updated Head Start Program Performance Standards. ELECTRONICALLY APPROVED 1/9/19
- Delegate Site Monitoring Updates and Reports
Updated Policy Council on the termination of the Executive Director of our delegate agency and steps moving forward. Sharon McInroy is currently the interim Executive Director and Michele Pane stepped into the role of Site Director for the Canandaigua site in addition to the Phelps Clifton site. Jena is working with Sharon and Michele on improving systems within the agency.
- Hiring-Yamilet Steidel as Teacher Aide*
Karissa gave members a background on Yamilet. She has been subbing in a classroom for several months so already has her clearances in place. ELECTRONICALLY APPROVED 1/9/19
4. Monthly training: 11:35–11:45 a.m.: Cecilia
Cecilia provided members with an overview of each area relating to ERSEA. Intakes are ongoing but heavy recruitment season and intakes are beginning in January for next school year. Eligibility requirements were reviewed. Final Rule was explained as well as acceptance versus enrollment. Attendance policies, initiatives, and follow-up was also reviewed.
5. Budget/Finance: 11:45–11:55 a.m.: Karissa
Marsha asked about rental charges and Karissa explained that is in-kind from the school district.
6. Parent Engagement Committee: 11:55 a.m.–12 p.m.: Cristina
- Gingerbread house- 12/19–20
- Christmas baskets from HWS- 31 families
- Hats and gloves donated by our lady of peace parish
- GPD is donating toys for 20 families
Cristina reminded members about upcoming Gingerbread house activity and reviewed the holiday donations that were received this year.
7. Monthly Report: 12–12:15 p.m.: All
8. Council Member Updates/Highlights: 12:15–12:20 p.m.: All
A new senior housing development is being built. Renovations and restructuring at Courtyard Apartments on Goodman St. may impact and/or displace many of our families. Our program will reach out to families who live there to offer support. Marsha informed members of a campaign being rolled out by the Ontario County Youth Bureau in 2019 to raise awareness about sexual exploitation.
9. Board of Education Updates: 12:20–12:30 p.m.: Emily
Board recently approved updates to CSEA contract. Contract to offer I Am Moving I Am Learning (IMIL) training was also approved at last meeting.
10. Closing*: 12:30 p.m.
Meeting concluded at 12:28pm.
*indicates vote needed
- Previous month’s minutes
- Education and Disabilities Policy & Procedures
- Delegate Site Monitoring Reports
- Monthly Report