Re-Entry: Human Resources
Certification, Incidental Teaching, & Substitute Teaching
The district will follow Education Law 3001 and Geneva Board Policy 6212 Certifications and Qualifications to ensure that instructional staff hired for probationary and professional positions hold valid certifications for their teaching assignments.
The Human Resources Department will:
- Check SIRS 329 Staff Certifications to confirm appropriate certificates;
- Collect copies of certifications for personnel files;
- With superintendent approval, schedule instructional staff to teach outside of certification area no more than 10 hours per week if, after documented recruitment, no certified or qualified teacher is available; and
- Utilize substitute teachers in expanded capacities if needed as outlined in New York State Education Department—Office of Teaching Initiatives—COVID-19 Update: Substitute Teaching Flexibility, dated July 14, 2020.
Teacher & Principal Evaluation System
- The district will execute the Geneva City School District Annual Professional Performance Review Process, dated Aug. 11, 2016, including the current student learning objectives (K–2 math assessment, 4th & 8th grade science assessment and New York State Regents exams).
- The district will execute the Geneva City School District Annual Professional Performance Review Process for administrators, dated April 13, 2011.