Unit 3 Essential and Focus Questions
Unit 3 Essential Questions
- Why do civilizations rise and fall?
- After it falls, what impact does a civilization have on history?
- How do physical and human geography affect people, places and regions?
- Are conflicts between nations and/or people inevitable?
Unit 3 Focus Questions
- What makes a civilization “classical?” What were the contributions of classical civilizations to human history?
- What was the status and role of women in the classical civilizations?
- How did geography affect the rise of city-states in Greece and the rise of the Roman Empire?
- What impact did the monsoons have on the historic and economic development of the Indian Sub-Continent?
- How are contemporary democratic governments rooted in classical traditions?
- What impact did Greek civilization have over time?
- Why did the Chinese define their history in terms of dynastic cycles?
- To what extent did the Han and Roman Empires establish institutions and define values that endured for many centuries?
- What technological innovations were introduced during this period?
- What caused the fall of the Han and Roman Empires?