Unit 4 Essential and Focus Questions
Unit 4 Essential Questions
- Do belief systems unite or divide people?
- How do belief systems impact social structures?
Unit 4 Focus Questions
- How did the fundamental beliefs and ideas of the religions, philosophies, and belief systems affect different areas of the world?
- In what ways are Christianity, Islam and Judaism systems similar and different?
- How did the expansion of Islam, Confucianism, Christianity, and Buddhism encourage the encounter and exchanges of peoples, goods, and ideas?
- What role did missionaries, traders, and conquerors play in the spread of religions?
- What holy books or texts are associated with the major religions of the world?
- How did a culture’s belief system impact its arts?
- What are the basic teachings of Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Hinduism?
- How do the major religions of the world impact gender roles and the development of patriarchal societies?