Unit 11 Essential and Focus Questions
Unit 11 Essential Questions
- What assumptions do different groups hold about power, authority, governance, and law?
- To what extent do the concepts of justice and human rights differ across time and place?
- How does the individual influence world events?
Unit 11 Focus Questions
- What is an absolute monarchy? What are the characteristics of this type of government?
- Was absolutism a uniquely European political philosophy, or was it found globally?
- What is meant by the term "divine right theory"? What was the origin of this term?
- During the 1450-1770 time period, to what extent can the European divine right theory be compared to Chinese theories of governance?
- What is the difference between political decentralization and political centralization?
- How similar and different were Louis XIV and Peter the Great?
- What impact did the Magna Carta, English Bill of Rights, Parliament, and the Glorious Revolution have on the development of a limited monarchy?