Unit 14 - Essential and Focus Questions
Unit 14 Essential Questions
- 1.How does technological change affect people, places, and regions?
- How are economic systems structured to meet the needs and wants of different societies?
- What defines a turning point?
Unit 14 Focus Questions
- Why did early peoples migrate from place to place?
- What does the use of tools tell us about early peoples?
- Why is the Neolithic Revolution considered a turning point in history?
- What was the relationship between the Neolithic Revolution and the development of early civilizations?
- What political systems developed in early river civilizations?
- What is a traditional economy?
- How did the Bantu migration change sub-Saharan Africa?
- How did the shift from hunting/gathering to agricultural societies affect gender roles?
- Causes of the Industrial Revolution
- Describe the causes of the Industrial Revolution including the impact of the Agricultural Revolution and specific advantages held by Great Britain.
- Effects of the Industrial Revolution
- Explain the effects new technology had on social classes and mass production.
- Explain the negative effects of the Industrial Revolution including child labor, pollution and overcrowding.
- Economic Systems of the Industrial Revolution
- Describe the rise of laissez faire capitalism under Adam Smith and The Wealth of Nations.
- Describe the rise of communist theory under Karl Marx and The Communist Manifesto.
- Reform Movements
- Explain the cause and effect of reform movements including the Sadler Report, the rise of labor unions, and the Factory Act of 1833.
- Global effects of the Industrial Revolution
- Explain the causes of 19th century mass migration from Europe including the Irish Potato Famine.
- Describe the connection between the Industrial Revolution and the rise of European Imperialism.