Our universal pre-kindergarten (UPK) is a state funded program open to 3- and 4-year-old children who will be entering kindergarten the following school year.
- Transportation is not provided.
- To be eligible for the current UPK school year, your child must be 3 or 4 years old by Dec. 1 of the current school year. Please include a copy of your child’s birth certificate with the completed application packet.
- You must live in the Geneva City School District. Please provide proof of residency; this can be a copy of a utility bill showing the custodial guardians name and address or a legal document showing the custodial guardians name and address of residence.
- If custody is shared between households please include a copy of custody documents stating primary placement or school district residency.
- Physical and vaccine forms are required.
- Spaces are limited and will be filled by a lottery system in the spring preceding the school year applied for.
- There is no charge for the UPK program.
- All UPK classes are Monday–Friday, three to six hours per day, and follow the school district’s calendar. Class times vary by age.
- UPK classes follow Geneva City School District policies for attendance.
The UPK program will be provided at various community sites. All sites will follow a developmentally appropriate curriculum that is designed to prepare children for kindergarten in the Geneva City School District. All families of eligible 3- and 4-year-old children are welcome to apply. To apply for the UPK program, please complete the appropriate packet, including a copy of your child’s birth certificate and a copy of proof of residency. Notification of enrollment status will be sent to the parent or guardian no later than the August preceding the current school year.
UPK 3-Yr-Old Enrollment Packet
UPK 4-Yr-Old Enrollment Packet
Once you have these items collected, please e-mail them to our family service facilitator, or return completed applications to the drop box at:
- Geneva City School District Head Start/UPK
30 West Street
Geneva, NY 14456
If for some reason all copies are not available at the time of packet completion, please provide as many documents as possible and our family service facilitator will contact you to coordinate additional documentation.
If you have any questions while completing the paperwork, please do not hesitate to reach out.
For enrollment questions, contact:
Family Service Facilitator
Ms. Rodriguez's E-mail
Phone: (315) 830-1879