Parents or guardians may call or e-mail to report their child absent.
Phone: (315) 781-0406
Calls or e-mails must be received before 8:40 a.m., when the school day begins. Excused absences must be made in writing, although a call may be made initially.
Based upon our district's education and community needs, values and priorities, the school district has determined that absences, tardiness and early departures will be considered excused according to the following standards:
- Personal illness
- Death in family
- Illness in the family
- Medical appointments
- Dental appointments
- Impassable roads
- Religious observance
- Required court appearances
- Music lessons
- Attendance at health clinics
- Approved college visits
- Military obligations
- Administrative Approval/Emergency situations - covers unexpected events which keep a student from attendance. Such cases will be considered individually by the principal.
- School-sponsored educational trip
- Planned evidence of an acceptable educational experience
- Approved cooperative work programs
- Other such reasons as may be approved by the board of education
School attendance is both a right and a responsibility. The school district is an active partner with students and parents in the task of ensuring that all students meet or exceed the New York State Learning Standards.