Geneva CSD Covid Protocols & Recommendations
Current Covid Transmission Rates
The district is following the CDC’s Operational Guidance for K-12 Schools and Early Care and Education Programs to Support Safe In-Person Learning , as recommended by the governor. In keeping with this guidance, the district is no longer testing students for Covid-19 or following the test-to-stay protocol.
If your child tests positive for Covid
Your child should isolate if they test positive for Covid-19, or if they are sick and you suspect they have Covid-19 but do not yet have test results. If they are positive for Covid-19, please notify your school nurse immediately. The current isolation requirement is five days; during days 6–10, they will be able to return to school, including afterschool activities and athletics, if they meet the following criteria:
- They have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication,
- They have not had gastrointestinal symptoms for 24 hours,
- Their other symptoms are resolving, and
- They wear a well-fitting mask.
If these criteria are not met, your child should isolate for a full 10 days.
Please be prepared to pick your child up from school if they develop Covid-19 symptoms during the school day.
Although masking is no longer required in school (with the exception of students on days 6–10 of Covid-19 infection), we welcome mask use, and a well-fitting mask is recommended in the following circumstances:
- For 10 days following Covid-19 exposure (testing is recommended at least five days after exposure);
- When community transmission is medium, and you or your child is at high risk of becoming very ill;
- Whenever community transmission is high; and
- In a public transportation setting.
Find out more about When to Wear a Mask.