Welcome to the Geneva City School District's Parent Portal. This SchoolTool portal allows you to keep track of your child's progress in school, with information about grades, assignments, attendance and schedules at your fingertips.
To sign up for a Parent Portal account an application form must be completed (see link below). Once completed, please bring the application to the District Office along with identification.” Geneva takes student information security very seriously and will only create an account for those with verified identification. Below are instructions to help you get started and find your way around. Once an account is created it will remain active for the duration that your students are in attendance.
For first-time access to the Parent Portal, fill out our online Parent Portal Application Request.
Password and Login
- Go to the SchoolTool website.
- In the login box where it says “Username,” type in the e-mail address that you submitted to the school district.
- In the “Password” section, enter the password you received when you signed up for your SchoolTool account.
- Click “Login.”
Once you have logged in, you will see the HOME screen.
- Click the “Account” tab to change your password to one of your choosing.
- Follow the prompts and then click “Change Password.”
Navigating the SchoolTool Parent Portal
- Click on the “STUDENTS” tab.
- Click the blue arrow in front of your child’s name to view their information.
This will take you to several tabs where you can access your child’s information, such as Assignments, Attendance, Grades and Schedules.
You will be able to see various items by clicking on the down arrows in the boxes. (If you see “None” next to a class, it indicates that the teacher does not maintain an online gradebook).
You will be able to view various items by clicking on the down arrows in the boxes. (Some teachers may not display all assignments).
You can continue to view other tabs that are available. When you are finished, you can exit the program either by clicking “Logout” in the top right corner of the program or by closing the browser window.
SchoolTool Mobile App
After installing and opening the SchoolTool mobile app, first-time users will be prompted to enter SchoolTool credentials. The following fields are required:
- URL: This is the fully qualified URL provided by your district: https://SchoolTool.genevacsd.org/SchoolToolWeb/
- Username: This is the username assigned to your account in SchoolTool. This may be an email address rather than a username, depending on your district’s configuration
- Password: This is the password used to log into SchoolTool. Passwords are maintained by SchoolTool and cannot be changed from within the app
If you need assistance, please call (315) 781-0400 ext. 1010 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org